Sunday, July 23, 2006

It's official ... there isn't a better song than "Don't Change" by INXS. Now that I've figured that out, I can go back to my real purpose in life ... how to get paid for sleeping.

Speaking of INXS, that also reminded me of when I first saw them in concert. See, I was a HUGE Men At Work fan in high school. I mean monstrous. My junior year high school picture was complete with me wearing my MAW Cargo concert T shirt. It was also one of my better pics - I had the zipperhead feathered hair going and everything. I'm quite proud.

Anyway, so I'm all fired up to see MAW, and INXS opened up for them. At the time, I knew one song by INXS - "The One Thing" ... another fine little diddy. So, they come on, and completely and totally kicked MAW's ass. Michael Hutchence was just mesmirizing on stage - just an amazing presence. Yeah, I still miss the guy.

So, enough talking about myself ... let's talk about my weekend! Heh. Let's see ... Friday, I started the night off with a huge concert. I had a full stadium ... I'd estimate in my head there were some 50,000+ people there. I even saw a few lighters. Everybody sang along with "Runaround" by Blues Traveler, too. Ok, ok, I sang to the cats ... I think they might be a tad scarred from the experience, too. They've been giving me odd looks all weekend.

Speaking of the furheads, get this ... I'm switching them from dry to wet food, because apparently the thinking on cat diets has completely changed in the last 5 years ... yeah, I didn't get the friggin' memo, either. So, I figure this is going to be fairly easy ... cats go cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs over wet food. Nope - not mine. Both of the clowns turned their noses up. Gah!

Finally made it out to the Square, and managed to run into one of my Myspace friends who I had never met in person before. It was pretty comical. I have no idea why, but I thought she was pretty tall, but she's this petite li'l darlin', who looks exactly like her pics. 'Course, since I had been drinking for a few hours, she also had an identical twin standing next to her. Oofa.

I also learned yet another lesson ... never let Cherie pick the next bar. The upstairs at Claddaugh is officially too young for me now, although I did see the Lauren Holly look-alike woman, who gave me a very odd look. Seems to be a trend. Maybe it's because I've recently started wearing my clothes inside out. Gotta stay fresh, doncha know.

I split home a tad early, partly because the hot neighbor wanted pizza. I got skillz, people ... I walked all the way home with a pizza and wings, snacking on each the entire way, and didn't spill anything or fall down. I thought about making another pizza briefcase, but the HN isn't too hip on the brilliance of the pizza briefcase. Yeah, some folks just don't get it.

Saturday, went to DC to hang with some friends. Second lesson learned on the weekend ... when your cell phone screen is blurry, it's not so easy to send text messages. That's usually what happens when someone challenges you to a drinking contest via text ... like I need a reason to drink! Hello?! I'm pretty sure it was the phone's fault ... my vision after drinking for a number of hours is always crystal clear.

Got back up here to (C)harm City this morning, hit the gym for a workout, and had to stop myself from tossing crackers at least 3 times. Bleh.

As a bonus, it's perfect outside, everyone's at Artscape ... and I get to study. Feeblebeeble! That might be my new cuss word. I'm taking it out for a test drive.

I'm thinking of becoming a professional jump roper. I'm sure there's a job for that ... they have professional eaters ... don't even get me started on that nonsense. I have this workout ending thing I do - I put on this tune from the Trainspotting soundtrack by Underworld, then go to town on the jump rope to it. Not really sure why someone hasn't developed a class that would combine a couple of different things - bike, jump rope, aerobics, etc. Another brilliant idea, wasting away in my head!

Watched Leaving Las Vegas this weekend, too ... one of my favorites. Elisabeth Shue is just too hot for words in that movie. Not exactly a happy funtime movie, although it is a good drinking game movie. The game? See if you can drink as much as Nic Cage does without going to the hospital. Hmm ... ok, that's probably not a good idea, considering that at one point, he's chugging a fifth of vodka. Brr ... just got a shiver thinking about that one.

A'ight, it's back to the books ... yay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home